I'm Hooked ...

... on HDR (high dynamic range) and maybe going a little overboard on some .




Best to look elsewhere for technical explanations. Why re invent the wheel, eh? I found the article at Within Lights enlightening and of course the Wikapedia is always good for an explanation.

I am finding the colours in some of my HDR images a little unreal. Especially the blues of the skies. Not sure if that is the effect of the HDR of use of the circular polariser – maybe a little of both.

I like the oversaturate colours on the old machines etc – some good examples on RedBubble and Flicker. Seems to look a little cartoonish but I think that adds to the style of the image.



The effect on the landscapes is good but I have to watch for the “halo” effect that occurs some times. Easily fixed with a little burning – if my old eyes can see it (mental note to get my glasses checked).

At present I am trying to shoot 3 bracketed shots and processing them in Photomatix Pro . Some good tutorials here: http://tutori alblog.org/hdr-tutorials-roundup/ and here http://stuckincustoms.com here: Vanilla




Anyway, I will let this mania run it’s course and try a few of the different tutorial about. The learning is fun. :)

Check out these two photographers for their HDR efforts

1 comment:

xstacy said...

I've been looking at your work, especially all your hdr photos. I think you've done an awesome job!!
They're great!